Saturday, May 19, 2012

Restaurants

Oh restaurants, how I love you.

And kinda hate you.

Such delicious foods, with so much creaminess and usually MASSIVE portions. Ryan and I had our anniversary dinner date on Thursday night. We went Criollo, a fancy Latin place. Sooooo good. We usually try to split something when we eat out to save money and be healthier, but it was our anniversary and we were splurging :) Ryan’s dish was actually really healthy: duck breast with quinoa (yes, Kaysie, I said quinoa!), topped with apple shreds. It was also a good size, so he ate it all. Mine was massive and delicious. Shredded beef smothered in spices and flavor, pinto beans, and Spanish rice like no other. I ate about a third of it, the size was that big. (I've been attempting this new thing where I actually stop eating when I feel full. It's been revolutionary.) I took the rest of my food home. Ryan is not the biggest fan of leftovers, so I got to indulge in my anniversary food again all day while he's camping. I just had lunch: I took all the components from that dinner and made flour tortilla tacos, adding a dollop of dairy-free sour cream (tastes just like the real thing). They were amazing! And I still have enough for dinner!

I'm being thrifty and decently healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment