Friday, October 28, 2011

Surprise Diabetic Friendly Lunch

Today, Ryan and I went to Wildflower for lunch. We each got a vegetarian soup and a side of salad. After lunch, Ryan took his insulin, as usual, but only took a small amount as we didn't think he had eaten too many carbs (or hidden sugar in the soup!)

About an hour later, Ryan realized he was going low -- perhaps a little too much insulin. He ate a crap-ton (a very legitimate term for measurement) of fruit, but found that he was still going low! Turns out he didn't need to take any insulin for lunch!

I now have a new favorite lunch spot =)

2 comments:

  1. I love Wildflower too. There is one here at I17/101.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Sounds tasty! Have you tried the salads at pita jungle? My favorite one is the chopped roasted vegetable salad. John loves it too. A lot of times we'll share that and the red lentil soup. Also there is a fruit salad one that is pretty tasty too that my mom likes to get.

    ReplyDelete