Thursday, August 2, 2012

Discouraged

So, Ryan and I have been doing this new workout routine for about two weeks now. We've been on our new diet for almost 3 weeks. There was a time where even cutting out soda for a week would make me drop 5 pounds automatically. 

I have officially lost no weight in the past 2-3 weeks. 

I can feel my body changing, for example my pants are fitting lovely today with almost nothing hanging over the top, even though I've been up for 4 hours already AND have eaten something. I think I'm even beginning to look thinner from the side, and a friend even said to me that I'm looking better. 

But that number on the scale bothers me. I know it shouldn't. I've always been one to say "the number doesn't matter -- it's how you FEEL that counts!" But for some reason, it's bothering me. I keep stepping on the scale to see some wonderful dropping happening, but it always lands within the 3-pound window that I just can't seem to escape from. 

Ryan says, Come on, it's only been two weeks! And on the inside I'm thinking, It's already been two weeks! What the flip!

Anyway, there's where I'm at. Overall. I'm feeling good though (or rather my body is feeling good). We did an intense 1-hour weight lifting session last night on our backs. It feels awesome :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment