Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Breakfast Quinoa Bowl recipe

Ingredients: (serves one person -- I just doubled everything)
> 1/4 cup quinoa
> 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used oat milk -- so tasety!)
> 1TBS brown sugar (feel free to use less, especially if you use sweet milk)
> drop of vanilla extract (I actually forgot to include this, but it still tasted amazing)
> 1 cup blueberries
> dash of cinnamon (optional -- tasted wonderful)

Combine quinoa and milk in saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn down to low and simmer until milk is evaporated and quinoa is light and fluffy (add milk as necessary to thoroughly cook quinoa). Add extract and blueberries. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Serve.

Sooo sweet and delicious! Ryan felt overwhelmed by the blueberries, but I thought it was delicious as it was.



I took these pics in the car, so I can't vouch for the fantastic lighting, but you get the idea.

Coming up soon: Creamy Chipotle Corn Soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment