Friday, July 27, 2012

Workout Day 4 -- oh the pain!!

I hurt so bad. But it's a good kind of hurt (I need to keep telling myself that :). My legs (particularly my calfs) are feeling the most pain, followed closely by my back. I can feel my abs beginning to feel the pain as well, but since we only just worked them out yesterday, I don't expect to feel real pain from them until tomorrow.

It was the worst ever getting up this morning. We had to get up an hour earlier than usual (4am) so we can leave work early today, which just added to the horror. My whole body was stiff and the lack of sleep made me a very, VERY grumpy person. I can truly say it was worst this whole week. Fortunately, Ryan is stronger than I and forced us out of bed. Stretching at the gym was awful. It felt like all my muscles were tearing apart. But the one thing I couldn't ignore -- despite my grumpiness -- was that after stretching I did feel much more mobile.

We did the StairMaster, as if this morning wasn't already bad enough.

After all the horribleness and pain, once I had showered and was in the car on the way to work, when Ryan asked how I was feeling, I could honestly say that I felt good. I felt awake (though sleepy), stretched out, and generally good about my workout. I was thinking "well, that wasn't soooo bad."

All of this is to say that when you feel at your worst, like you just can't do it anymore and you just want to fall back asleep, do it anyway. You'll feel better in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment